EUROMAT 2021 took place from 13 to 17 September, at which the Chair of Ferrous Metallurgy was represented with several lectures.
EUROMAT is an international congress in the field of materials science and technology in Europe. It focuses on the promotion of knowledge transfer and the exchange of experience between delegates with both academic and industrial backgrounds.
During the conference, which lasted several days, five speakers from the Chair of Ferrous Metallurgy and the K1-MET Competence Centre spoke:
- Assoz. Prof. Dr. Susanne Michelic: Advanced inclusion analytics for the detailed characterization of micro and sub-micro multiphase particles
See here: https://videoserver.unileoben.ac.at/tiny/b6dhi
- Dr. Dali You: Simulation of the reactions in the ladle during the BOF steel tapping
See here: https://videoserver.unileoben.ac.at/tiny/ml87v
- Dr. Michael Bernhard: Experimental investigations and computational thermodynamics of the Fe-C-P system
See here: https://videoserver.unileoben.ac.at/tiny/7ldfv
- Dr. Peter Presoly: Characterization of hypo-peritectic steels by experimental methods and computational thermodynamics: An Overview
See here: https://videoserver.unileoben.ac.at/tiny/h5knn
- Dr. Michael Zarl: Steelmakers at the crossroad to Green Steel: “Hydrogen meets future steelmaking”.
See here: https://videoserver.unileoben.ac.at/tiny/juq3h
The lecture series Liquid Metal Processing, which dealt with the latest developments in the field of processing ferrous and non-ferrous alloys, was organised by Dr. Christian Bernhard, among others.
With further contributions from the Department of Metallurgy, Metallurgy Leoben was thus able to make a comprehensive and significant contribution to EUROMAT 2021.